Tuesday 16 March 2010

Girls... WTFMAKESENSEPLEASE Part 1

So, First blog ever where other to start than members of the opposite sex! Obviously this has never been done before!

OK, to get some perspective, I should probably tell you people that may end up reading these ramblings a little bit about myself, I'm a guy, which you should have figured out already! and I'm in my early 20s, I'm slightly 'intimidating' in my appearance, a few facial piercings, multicoloured hair, I guess you could call me emo. right that should be enough to get a basic Idea! now to get the show on the road!

Right I have decided to start this blog because the last 3 or so days, have been incredibly complex and confusing for me and I thought this might make some interesting reading, I will update this as often as possible, hopefully once a day as the story develops. So taking everyone of you readers back to Friday.

I've been seeing this girl for a couple of weeks now, have known her for about 6 months and recently we have spent a lot of time together, some would say we are technically "seeing" each other as a couple. two Tuesdays prior to this, we shared our first kiss. All seemed to be going well, today (Friday) we are both headed to a local pub to celebrate a friends 21st birthday! I am very excited because I am hoping we can take our relationship slightly further and maybe make it official that we are seeing each other. Well it would be just my luck that as soon as I arrive at the pub, I see a guy at the bar, dressed very smartly and I recognise him from somewhere. then it hits me, I have seen this fellow on YouTube! it's her Ex. I have a sinking feeling in my stomach and something tells me this night is not going to be as good a night as I had hoped for...

She arrives precisely 5 minutes after me, walks straight towards me and seems completely oblivious that her Ex is even in the same room! this is good... she's ignoring him. we hug and say hello and everything is fine, I order her a drink and the bar tender jokes at me and says I must be thirsty because I also order my second pint, I'm worried... SUDDENLY huge amounts of laughter from her Exs direction, everyone turns around, she looks completely shocked. and turns back around grabs my arm and tells me to go and find a seat at the opposite side of the pub. I act naive "what's wrong?" as if I don't already know. she wasn't ignoring him, she hadn't noticed him.

I'm glaring. I don't mean to be but I can't help myself, she's talking with her Ex and it looks very serious and awkward. I'm taking huge gulps of my pint and go up to order my third, I've been there for less than 10 minutes and no one has even arrived yet! Even the bartender knows something is awry..."what's wrong? don't you think you should slow down?" I laugh it off "I'm not sure just thirsty I'm fine, heh" (I should probably start naming people at some point, the girl I like is Haley, her Ex is Ben) I go back to my stool and sit down, the first of the rest of out party begin to arrive, first through the door is "Chris" he comes over gives me a big hug and asks where Haley is, I just nod in her direction, "Oh I see" he says "Everything OK?" I just smile "everything is fine." Haley eventually comes over, Third pint is about half way gone now. she's barley touched hers. it's still full. "I'm sorry she says, but I didn't think certain people were going to be here and they are" she looks uncomfortable, and agitated. "it's OK we don;t have to speak to anyone, everyone will be here soon". she's looking over her shoulder about 5 times every 20 seconds. "Who is over there?" "it's my Ex. he's the one in the suit." she gives an uneven smile. "I'll be right back, going to the toilets, Chris and Luke have just arrived, go say hello"

I'm locked in the cubicle and I'm sitting there thinking what the hell I can do to make this uneasiness disperse. But every trail of thought I follow seems to lead to a dead end, the sooner we leave for the nightclubs the better. I get out, wash my hands and start opening the door, it flys open, it's Ben. I walk off, as the door closes I hear him call my name, I ignore it and head back over to Haley and the rest of the people I am with, the birthday girl and everybody else has arrived now, and Haley looks a lot more relaxed. My good friend "Jake" is there too... He instantly sees something is wrong with me on my way back to the group and grabs me and walks me to the bar, "what's wrong you don't look to happy?", "Haley's Ex is here", "Want me to have a word with him?" On the inside I am happy, he's trying to look out for me, but I'm not going to cause a confrontation now or at any other point in time with him. "no, it's fine" Jake heads into the toilets and I order him a drink, I look over to see what's going on in the corner, looks like they are arranging some drinking games. Haley is sat in the corner, with Ben. I start heading over with my drink, not knowing what to do or think, but it's fine ben walks off and heads towards the toilet.

I shall have to conclude this tomorrow, it's 1:14 in the morning... Hope whoever does read this hangs around, perhaps offer some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment